St. Catherine of Siena Catholic School exists to educate students and families to integrate knowledge and a traditional Catholic faith, in all matters, in order to know, love, and serve God.
The two greatest commandments oblige us to love God and love our neighbors. Therefore, the Church encourages the education of the faithful so that they can live out these commandments to their greatest potential. "For a true education aims at the formation of the human person in the pursuit of his ultimate end and of the good of the societies of which, as man, he is a member, and in whose obligations, as an adult, he will share" (Gravissimum Educationis).
Schoolwide Learning Expectations (SLEs)
We will promote, encourage, and foster:
Dynamic Communicator (2 Timothy 2:2)
- Shares the Gospel with others.
- Speaks with respect towards others at all times.
- Speaks eloquently and clearly.
- Writes clearly and concisely with proper grammar.
- Uses technology morally to share ideas and information.
Active Catholics (Deuteronomy 6:4-9)
- Knowledge of the basic tenets of the Faith as stated in the Apostle’s Creed.
- Lives a moral life guided by the Ten Commandments, the Six Precepts of the Church, and the Acts of Mercy.
- Prays daily, individually and with others.
- Frequents the Sacraments of Holy Eucharist and Reconciliation.
- Reads Sacred Scripture to understand the Faith and for prayer.
Virtuous Leaders (2 Peter 1:5-8)
- Practices prudence by thinking before acting.
- Practices temperance by showing self-control.
- Practices fortitude by standing up for truth and justice.
- Practices justice by showing respect to others.
- Practices charity by helping others without reward.
Engaged Learners (Proverbs 24: 3-6)
- Builds a strong foundation by mastery of basic skills in core subjects.
- Seeks wisdom by participating in class activities and discussions.
- Offers to help others to understand how to solve problems.
- Completes work thoroughly and on time.